How can we use rewards to get ourselves out of procrastination holes? Jan guides us towards better uses of our time and how our minds work.
Listen to the episode on
Marc talks to Jan about motivators, rewards and how to get things done, including some expert diving into how his mind works and just how often he picks up his phone (don’t we all?). Often we are not using our down time productively and triggers or habits mean that we end up wasting that time.
Should we be replacing the habits we don’t want with the habits that we do? Marc likes to get things done when he is pressure prompted, so that might be a more meaningful way to get things done. Jan offers some tips and advice on how to use what we know about ourselves to allow us to work more productively.
What else did we learn in this episode?
- We let the first chapter of our book out into the big wild world - squee!
- Jen doesn’t actually reward herself for anything
- We give essential updates on both of our rollercoaster games
- The word ‘dinglehopper’ is mentioned
- We reference the lovely Negeen Papehn, writing wonderwoman
- Do grown ups need bribery?
Follow us on twitter: @POWpodcastUK
Email us at: email@example.com
Find all our episodes: Pow Podcast UK Episodes
If you're reading this far, maybe you have time to like and leave a review on our podcast...also, don't forget to subscribe to our mailing list, to keep up to date with all our latest news.
Music credit: "Clap Your Hands" by Scott Holmes