We talk about how it's different writing with a partner, how to increase the diversity in our work, procrastination, deadlines, expectations and even term a band new writing phrase - 'percolation'.
Listen to us on
or right here...
Chris Billingham has written three plays, a web series, two short films and won at least two awards. This means he is an 'award winning writer', although he doesn't like us saying that at all. He's a fantastically proficient writer, as well as having a proper job and having two/three podcasts with podcast partner Dan Doolan.
All the details for Chris's work will be below, so please check it out. We talk about the process of writing and how we write and plan plots (or not!), the importance and potential drawbacks of deadlines, how you should write for characters that don't fit your own gender, race or sexuality and also Chris's background in screenwriting.
- Jenni's laptop died on the first attempt of this interview so listen to us try to remember what we said the first time round
- How we wasted the opportunities of our uni years
- Chris's percolation process
- Using our lovely supportive partners as procrastination excuses
- Our daydreams of musical stardom and Jenni's failed band experience
- Actual kisses (and some stripping) on stage
If you want to find out more about Chris's writing and podcasting...
- Go With Him - AWARD WINNING Short film (Written and directed by Chris Billingham, produced by James Watts and Chris Billingham)
- I Did - Short film (Written by Chris Billingham, produced and directed by James Watts)
- Sneaking into the Theatre - Trailer (Written by Chris Billingham). Jenni is in this but thankfully not in her underwear.
- Nothing But Static - YouTube channel and podcast. Also on Twitter @Nothinbutstatic
- Steven University podcast
- Writing Space - TV Pilot Edit
Thanks to our sponsor, BadFish - use offer code POW for 10% off
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Find all our episodes: Pow Podcast UK Episodes
Music credit: "Clap Your Hands" by Scott Holmes
If you're reading this far, maybe you have time to like and leave a review on our podcast...also, don't forget to subscribe to our mailing list, to keep up to date with all our latest news.