Listen to us on
or right here...
Marc happened upon this lovely clip of writers talking to Women's Hour about their writing tips and advice. Writers such as Prue Leith, Angie Thomas, Ruby Wax, Allison Pearson and Nina Stibbe talk about how to write and how they write, and how to write that book! Jenni and Marc pull out their highlights, what resonated with them, and also how Prue Leith manages to get her laptop into the toilets at cocktail parties (what if she needs a plug? Does she carry a rucksack? Does everyone else think she's just doing a massive poo? SO MANY QUESTIONS!).
These tips might not be groundbreaking but they definitely ring true for us and other writers we've talked to, including Negeen Papehn who talked to us a while ago where we discussed how constantly she writes. Finding your own voice is really important, and we think about the style and pace of books we loved to read, as well as the books we've found difficult and hard going. We also talk about accepting things as imperfect and not chasing the impossible perfection.
We also find out just how much this podcast has helped Jenni's writing experience in terms of motivational techniques, characterisation and plotting a book. Sadly you'll miss the beautiful hand movements of wobbly waves and circles.
Also this episode -
- Learning through failure with How To Fail by Elizabeth Day and also the new Taylor Swift Documentary Miss Americana on Netflix
- Check out the hot men on the new covers of Negeen Papehn's trilogy
- We mention the books The Wisdom of Sally Red Shoes by Ruth Hogan and Love of Imperfect Things by Haemin Sumin
- We put our predictions down for The Masked Singer
- Who remembers The Big Breakfast? We do some reminiscing and Marc has an impressive memory!
- Progression not perfection! Thank you Marc's business course!
- Jenni is obsessed with Stacey Solomon and her hanging crisp cupboards and that leads to an odd conversation about that popular old cleaning duo Kim and Hagrid and folding up crisp packets. You're welcome!
Follow us on Twitter and Instagram: @POWpodcastUK
Email us at: email@example.com
Find all our episodes: Pow Podcast UK Episodes
Music credit: "Clap Your Hands" by Scott Holmes
If you're reading this far, maybe you have time to like and leave a review on our podcast...also, don't forget to subscribe to our mailing list, to keep up to date with all our latest news.